Piotr Olegovich Tolstoy (Russian Author Leo Tolstoy’s great-great-grandson), the Deputy Chairman of the Russian assembly known as Duma, appeared on BFM Régions, a French network of local news television channels. He debated six French journalists about the Ukraine\Russia conflict. Unfortunately, the French journalists’ conduct was unprofessionalism and detached from reality. The linked YouTube video has an English closed caption and is just over an hour long.
The French journalists claim that Russia doesn’t have a military strategy. Still, Tolstoy makes it clear that the Ukrainian military is taking massive losses and will lose by attrition regardless of increasing NATO support. Some of the debate’s highlights are as follows with the linked captioned video time.
- European support for Ukraine is extending the war. [02:12.710]
- European countries are following America’s lead in solidarity with Ukraine. [05:25.740]
- Journalists make an issue about the Wagner Group paramilitary are mercenaries. Tolstoy points out the hypocrisy that Canada has the Mozart regiment, and there are also Polish and American mercenaries. [07:45.180]
- Claim that the Wagner Group uses criminals. Tolstoy points out that the French Legion used criminals and enlistees of foreign origin. [11:05.510]
- Negotiations can only end the conflict. [13:17.010]
- The military operation is about the denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine. [18:38.8000]
- French journalist says the European Parliament has voted to create an international tribunal and that Tolstoy could be tried as a criminal. [19:43.540]
- Europe has no right to judge Russia after applauding the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia. [21:14.280]
- NATO bombed the Serbs into submission. [26:53.770]
- If Ukraine uses American long-range weapons, Russia will take measures to protect the civilian population in Moscow. [30:03.340]
- Claims that Russia deported two million Ukrainians to Russia and was involved in child trafficking. Tolstoy says Russian ethnic families sought refuge in Russia and that over 7 million Ukrainians left for Europe. [36:36.990]
- Ukrainians hide their tanks and artillery in the neighborhoods where people live, creating unnecessary civilian casualties. [36:36.990]
- Refusing Russian gas has resulted in Europe buying from America at three times the price and paying a premium for American tanks. [41:15.720]
- If France, German, and other European countries support the Ukrainian war effort, they are, by nature, enemies of Russia. [52:24.370]
- It crosses the red line if NATO and foreign soldiers become involved in the Ukraine war. [53:39.73]
- Turkey is not an enemy since it doesn’t blow up gas pipelines like Europe. [57:26.430]
The West’s mass psychosis, at worse, could lead to World War III. At the least, it will lead to the de-industrialization of Europe and the dissolution of the European Union and NATO. Net-zero emissions and transgender transitioning will be the least of the West’s concerns.