Bucha is the latest shiny object that the Western cats are chasing mindlessly without taking time to think critically about what Russia is actually doing on the ground. Russia’s invasion on February 24 was not a classic military attack. What do I mean? If Russia was intent on conquering and subjugating Ukraine without regard to the fate of Ukrainian civilians it would have launched massive missile and airstrikes on all major cities, bridges, airfields, railroads and communication systems. It did not do that. Not my opinion.
The first phase of Russia’s special military operation consisted of the following:
- Moved troops and armored columns into Ukraine from three directions–North, East and South.
- Deployed only 200,000 troops while maintaining key reserves inside Russia along the Ukrainian border against a Ukrainian Army estimated to number 600,000.
- Avoided attacking communication systems leaving cell phone and internet largely intact.
- Took control of the largest nuclear power plant in Europe–Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant–but kept the electricity flowing.
- Supported offensives by the Luhansk and Donetsk People’s Republics against Ukrainian forces in the East.
- Gradually surrounded Kiev from the North but did not fight any key battles to occupy outlying cities.
- Destroyed Ukrainian ground radar, key airfields and military bases in Western Ukraine with precision missiles.
- Sealed the southern coast of Ukraine with the Russian Navy.
- Launched an assault on Mariupol, a key Ukrainian port in the South, and systematically annihilated the neo-Nazi AZOV battalion (Russia now controls all of Mariupol except for the steel plant and continues to methodically eliminate the remaining defenders).
The immediate effect of this operation divided and froze the Ukrainian Army in four geographical regions-North, South, East and West. During the first two weeks the Ukrainians and NATO did not know where Russia’s major blow would fall. Russia’s initial success in eliminating Ukraine’s Air Force as a combat effective unit and the destruction of key military bases and fuel depots made it impossible for Ukraine to dispatch reinforcements to Donbas and Mariupol.
During the past week Russia has effected a tactical redeployment of forces that originally surrounded Kiev. It is reported that those units moved west and are likely to be used as block force that will be part of a broader effort to defeat the bulk of the Ukraine Army now virtually surrounded in the eastern part of the Donbas.
With its limited ability to move troops or resupply frontline forces, Ukraine is relying on propaganda and information warfare to try to weaken Russia and entice NATO to join the fray. Here is a good summary of these efforts courtesy of Nighvision:
- For instance when the Russian POW torture video came out, it was Ukraine that cried “fake” until days later all western ‘authorities’ were forced to admit it was real.
- When the ‘maternity hospital’ falseflag in Mariupol occurred, Kiev supporters blamed Russia and once again Russia was the one proven right and vindicated when the pregnant girl at the center of it herself released an interview completely refuting Ukrainnian lies, and stating that not only did Ukrainian soldiers turn the hospital into a barracks but stole the precious food from pregnant women and then shelled the hospital themselves.
- When Ukrainie claimed Russia bombed an ‘innocent’ civilian mall, yet the very next moment the Russian MOD released detailed videos showing precisely how Ukrop forces positioned mobile artillery in the parking garage of the said ‘mall’.
- When Ukrops claimed Russia tried to blow up the Zaporizhzhia plant, yet security footage showed that as a Russian security force arrived, it was fired upon by an RPG from Ukrop positions in one of the administrative buildings of the plant.
- When the famed American journalist was killed in Irpin right outside Kiev a month ago, and all Ukrainian supporters shouted Russia, but the entire incident was quickly swept under the rug when the journalist’s own friend/companion in an interview stated they were fired upon by Ukrop troops at a Ukrop checkpoint miles away from the nearest Russian forces.
Early in the war many in the West were scammed by the story of a remarkable Ukrainian allegedly downing seven Russian combat planes. It too was a lie:
In one widely shared video, the Ghost of Kyiv chases down a Russian plane and then shoots it out of the sky. In Ukrainian, a voice says: “There’s a plane. There’s another one. It’s about to crash.”
This is a sequence from the video game Digital Combat Simulator World. “This footage is from DCS, but is nevertheless made out of respect for the ‘Ghost of Kiev,'” the person who uploaded the video to YouTube on February 24 writes, using an alternate transliteration for Ukraine’s capital. “If he is real, may God be with him; if he is fake, I pray for more like ‘him.'” A spokesman for Digital Combat Simulator World has confirmed to the Reuters news agency that the material is indeed from the game.
A video report from Gonzalo Lira demonstrates beyond doubt that Ukraine is staging propaganda videos showing the alleged destruction of Russian tanks. The smoking tank hulls are actually Ukrainian vehicles. Propaganda BTFO
This brings us to the latest “atrocity” Ukraine insists was carried out by Russia–Bucha, a suburb of Kiev. Here is The Guardian’s account:
As Ukrainian armoured columns rolled into Bucha, a town north-west of the capital, they found streets blocked by burned-out Russian tanks and military vehicles, and strewn with the bodies of civilians whom locals said had been killed by the invading forces without provocation.
Here’s the problem. Bucha was declared ‘completely liberated’ of Russian troops by its mayor on Thursday, March 31. The dead lying in the streets are all wearing a white arm band, which is worn by Ukrainians to signal to Russian troops they are not backing the Ukrainian Army.
If the city was liberated on 31 March why are the bodies still lying in place three days later? Why were they not gathered up by grieving relatives? This report is having the predicable effect in the West–pundits and politicians are demanding a NATO military response. Russia is not fazed by this latest propaganda barb; it is calling for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to present evidence refuting the charge.
One final point, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told Fox News’ Bret Baer that the Neo-Nazi Azov Battalion has “fully integrated” with the Ukrainian military
Ian Miles Cheong@stillgray Bret Baier asked Zelensky about Azov Battalion’s shooting of Russian POWs. Zelensky’s answer? “They are what they are.” Zelensky also claims that some were prosecuted after 2014 and given prison sentences. He doesn’t mention that those convictions were overturned.
There you have it–a President who is a Jew supporting a neo-Nazi military unit that wants to rid Ukraine of Jews. If you want to read more about Azov go here.
Thank you, Larry. Keep up the good work.
It’s worrying the way the West is going. The massif people don’t even question, though they know politicians and MSM lie.
It’s incredible how easily people are whipped into a frenzy and most can’t even find Ukrainie on a map. Before war the only thing Europe wanted from Ukrainian’s was that they didn’t migrate there. Now suddenly they care.
The loss of freedom, truth and ability to handle the truth in the West is going to lead to it’s collapse.
The extent to which grown adults are controlled and now cut off from different views is a form of brainwashing.
Bill Roggio got called a Russia lover a few times now he seems to toe that Ukraine line.
How this guy Zelensky and his puppet masters have gotten this much power is frightening.
Russia looks ready to take the East and South by their military day on 9 May I think when they parade.
I really fear the bunch of clowns leading the West don’t push things so far this goes in an ugly dangerous direction. They are complacent. They think everyone will roll over like Iraq. They don’t understand that is not what they are facing.
Boris Johnson the clown UK PM who was facing calls to resign before war for breaking covid rules repeatedly is a dangerous man.
He wants to blow up Russian ships with British weapons. That the UK is in this war is clear. Loads of British special forces in Ukraine, no doubt loads of Americans too.
These guys are so complacent. They really see this like Afghanistan mark II they don’t understand this is literally the West going to war with Russia and it could end in economic and military hell for everyone.
RE: final sentence in this article. Jack Bernstein warned there are a lot of Nazis in Israel. His book: https://www.google.ca/books/edition/The_Life_of_an_American_Jew_in_Racist_Ma/D9hSnQAACAAJ?hl=en
Thank you for your article.
I wonder why the Russian army left Bucha?
Aren’t they supposed to be thorough re denazification?
It looks like they abandoned people.
I also found this article on the massacre that shows the timing suggests it can’t have been the Russians:
Chris Chuba says
NYT analyzes satellite imagery from Maxar Technologies to corroborate bodies on street appearing between Mar 11 – 21
Any thoughts on the authenticity of these images?
The problem with these images is they don’t tell the whole story. If they have this data why don’t they have images of how these people were killed. How the bodies got there and who killed them.
Thanks for this blog. I just found it. You seem to be authentic – telling the truth when it can be found, making reasonable, sensible estimations when it cannot.
We need to get your site better known.
There’s a bigger war than the Ukraine war going on, isn’t there?
There’s the war between truth, honesty and reason and the insane lying propaganda thing we’ve seen grow up in the last two years.
The flag is the facemask. Wherever you see the facemask you’re looking at the enemy’s flag. And wherever you see anything, anyone, mandating masks you’ve found the enemy.
That’s exactly the same enemy who’s sending munitions and weapons to Ukraine to fuel the war and cause the deaths or maiming of thousands of silly people who think it’s glorious to go to war and that holding a weapon somehow makes them a trained soldier.
I’ll share your link as widely as I can (which sadly isn’t much) and I’d urge any other readers to do the same.
In that wider, bigger war we’re not doing real well as yet. In fact this is a low point: under cover of darkness, so to speak, in this ‘lull’ when covid drama has abated somewhat, they’re consolidating and entrenching their despotic powers into the customary, into legislation, into the norm and preparing the ground for a worse future.
Bad news. Yep. We need sites like this of yours. I think. As best I can make out from what I’ve seen so far.